Last Sunday was July 1st which means that we’re now midway through 2012. This means that it’s time to reflect on our goals and see where we are (and adjust if necessary!).
Here are my 2012 goals:
- Rent a flute: I have not done this yet and I don’t think that I will
Join the gym:Yes! I joined back in March when I noticed that my weight was starting to get the best of me Quit job #1:Yes! I quit my job in May Take a month off:I will not be working in the months of July and a bit of August because I am taking part in the Explore program in Winnipeg Find a new job:I started a new part-time job in June and will continue to work there (as well as search for, yet another, part-time job) in the fall Get internet access chez nous:It’s intermittent but it’s there.
- Run a half-marathon. I don’t think that this will happen in 2012
- Set up office so that you can work productively. I did not accomplish this goal yet because I knew that we’d be moving and didn’t want to set up an office for only a few months. On hold until I return from Winnipeg
Spend a maximum of 15 000$ this year. This year I’ve spent $7 216.86 including travel so I’m well on my way to accomplishing this goal!
- Visit museums in Montreal. I didn’t visit any museums in Montreal but there’s a Mary Pickford exhibition that I’m dying to see when I come back.
- Go whale-watching. The best whale-watching time is in the fall.
- Visit Boston. Nope.
- Live healthier. I am unable to tell if I accomplished this goal because it is not a SMART goal. However, I have been eating healthier food, less pasta and have been walking everywhere.
Overall I’ve accomplished 6 of my 13 goals and have pretty good excuses (/sarcasm) for 2 more. I’d say that 2012 has been going well so far!
Subscribe to my posts
Tagsadvance advanced basic bills budget budgeting economics emergency fund europe fun gaol setting Giveaway goals goal setting guest post intermediate investing life Links london math meme money pit motivation paycheques personal quebec random random thoughts recap review school spending recap sponsored stop b!tching tricks vacation weekly updates winnipeg
ING Orange Key
$100 000 goal3.61%